my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Thursday, March 27, 2003  

oh look, it's another reason I avoid identifying myself as an Albertan.. the albertan energy minister Murray Smith (who is MLA for Calgary Varsity to all of his constituents who may or may not want to send him hate mail) has requested that the federal energy minister Herb Dhaliwal resign for saying that the world
"expects someone who's the president of a superpower to be a statesman. I think he's let not only Americans, but the world, down by not being a statesman."

What the hell is this? So Mr. Smith is all choked cuz the federal minister of energy is speaking up against the leader of our largest oil trading partner. He didn't even call him a bastard for f-s sakes.. relax!! He's said something that I am sure many Canadians would agree with (something one would not believe by reading any of the fine publications of the Izzy Asper Media Conglomerate that the above mentioned story came from).. Hey Murray, if the US stops buying Alberta oil for something as lame as that, I'm sure we'll be able to find other markets. Oil does seem to be quite the hot commodity these days, W. down there seems to be willing to go to war for it. Which leads me to another thing (although I don't know if I've finished the first point.. whatever), why isn't W. looking into invading Alberta and freeing us from this tyrant we have leading us - Ralph Klein? Sure he was quote-unquote democratically elected but then again he might as well have been acclaimed. Apathy has run rampant in this province. Plus, we have oil. lots of it. So, if math serves me correctly, for W. tyrant+oil=war, right? you can see where I'm going with this. I guess that's why Klein has been oh so supportive of W. and his war, he knows if he's not he might be next (!!!??). Anyhow, this is getting a little too rant like and I could go on for hours, it's just more entertaining over beer..

posted by kim | 7:38 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives