my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Monday, July 28, 2003  

I'm trying to train my cat to not jump up on the desk if there's a shitload of papers there for him to mess up. Not going so well. I even left his favorite side table (wiggum's a big fan of sleeping on hard surfaces: the tables, the desk, the lino.. he really really likes the coffee table - for this reason I can't seem to figure out why he likes sleeping on my belly/breasts so much.. then again he is male - I digress) right beside me so he could still sit there and watch me type my boring ass paper and covered it with treats. He's gotten mad at me for firmly yelling "down" at him and has now evacuated into the other room. anyhow..
in other news, I had a table tonight of really nice people from Quebec City who were driving across the country. I was very ashamed when they asked if I spoke french and I had to answer not well (even though I took it all through school - then I learnt German and forgot all the french) .. they were super nice, though.. Once I got out a little french they handed me this cute little painted heart, as my reward for speaking french. It was cute. they tipped well. I make a point of being super nice to french canadians, as I have this fear that they'll go back to Quebec and tell everyone that the stereotypes they hear about Westerners are all true and that we're all like Ralph Klein or Stockwell Day and that we're all rude and ignorant and what not. Cuz I always feel bad when I can't speak french. Really, should I? I can if I try really hard and you give me a few days.. and I speak German.. I mean whatever. anyhow.. that's my little story..
Song to download next time you feel like breaking copyright law: "Easy" by the Promise Ring.. it's unreleased except on the Location is Everything Vol. 1 compilation
(on Jade Tree) - another song on this disc I'm really liking is "Lukewarm" by New End Original..

posted by kim | 1:21 a.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives