my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Friday, July 11, 2003  

(please note I am trashed as I type this)... I love the Calgary Stampede. I just got home from it. It gives all the white collar folks a reason to go out and get trashed for a whole week, making them feel all blue collar and what not. And you get to wear hats. and you don't have to come up with a reason for being trashed. Tonight I went to the grounds (the stampede grounds for all you non calgarians), an event highlighted with a visit to Nashville North with my family for some good ol' beer drinking. Yay me. Then Kristen and I proceeded to go and catch a little Sam Roberts before heading to the Cuff and Billy for a "few" more drinks. I managed to impress the lone gunmen (or good impersonators) while dancing to Village people impersonators doing YMCA enough to get some free drinks. I knew at this point it was time to go home. Especially when they offered more drinks. Anyhow, off to tv watching land for me, must sober up a little before I go to bed.. fight the hangover don't you know....

posted by kim | 1:43 a.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives