my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Wednesday, February 25, 2004  

sorry about the lack of posting, my life is very busy and quite boring!
Yesterday was the last day of faschings, which is the austrain equivilant of Carnival/Mardi Gras.. we went to Heuboda, the only "club" in town, where there was an end of faschings party,, it was kinda weird, at the stroke of midnight these people dressed in black robes and white masks came down from the ceiling beams with a coffin and spooky music's playing, they're carrying torches, wierd.. me and my south african friend Emma commented we felt like we were in a cult.. I must remember to post about Heuboda again later, it's an interesting place...
afterwards we went across the street to the pub, which is the only other nightspot in town. I'm kinda friends with one of the servers there and she bought us a round, which was very nice of her! It was an interesting night, I saw some people at Heuboda I had met before and we chatted, and then I went to this other pub and knew the server, I almost felt like a local, which is amazing as I'm in a town where at least half the people in it are tourists, so there's not alot of people who actually live here...
anyways, I must go to sleep.. will try to post more, I promise!

posted by kim | 2:38 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives