my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Wednesday, March 31, 2004  

wow two posts in just as many days!!
so I'm in Zofingen, staying at lovely Fari and Marion's pleasure palace! They have one of the coolest apartments I''ve seen and I am very very jealous. They have also been the most gracious hosts ever, doing nice things like cooking yummy food and giving up their beds and letting me soak in their bathtub for an hour and what not..
Fari's a grade 5 teacher, and I went to see her teach this morning. it was odd being on the other side of the classroom: even though I wasn't teaching I was still on the side of authority, you know! Fari only has 13 kids in her class, I'm sure any of you who teach in Canada (or have kids in the public school system in Canada) are very jealous right now. Aparently it's not like that everywhere, though, bigger centres have more students..
Went shopping in Zurich yesterday and bought shoes, a new wallet and a new bag (all 3 were justifiable purchases, trust me..).. I'd forgotten how cool the Niederdorf area of Zurich is!! on a somewhat related side note, many of you will be impressed to know that I've recently instituted a no more black shirt rule...
Fari, Marion and I went to Bern today and hung out and did some shopping.. I was well behaved with the exception of a few cds on teh ol' visa.. justified as they were german and therefore can't be found in Canada...
going back to lovely Brand tomorrow.. might finally go boarding on Friday if there's still snow and I am in the mood..

posted by kim | 1:48 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives