my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Wednesday, April 28, 2004  

hello!
am back in bregenz, on good ol' lake constance...
nothing much exciting to report here, have 12 working days left...
got last night off work as I spent the day washing windows and cleaning floors รก la cinderella and my coworkers felt sorry for me and gave me the night off.. so my friend Geli and I went to Bludenz for dinner at the good ol' interspar cafe (interspar is a supermarket for those of you who've never been to austria, by cafe I mean cafe(teria)).. got home around 8, Karin came over and we watched 3 episodes of sex and the city together in german and had a few screwdrivers, went over to Geli's for late night tea and chocolate and watched CSI and Murder She Wrote (also in German).. Lisa you would have been in heaven, 3 of your favourite shows, all in german, all on one day.. but it was pretty uneventful.. I'm starting to get ready to go, giving things away and buying gifts to bring with me and for my friends here as tokens of my thanks for taking me under their wings.. and I'm getting all nostalgic even though I've spent much of my time here bored and unimpressed (that is in Brand, I still think Brand is a boring place to live - although nice place to visit).. will now go sit on the Bodensee (lake constance) and eat some ice cream I think, think about how I shouldn't be eating it due to the mountain ass (to borrow the term the lake louise kids used to use) I've gotten from living bored in the mountains (I have no idea how it happens but everyone who goes and lives in a mountain resort town puts on like 10 pounds, you'd think they'd lose it living in a sporty place and all)

posted by kim | 6:49 a.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives