my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Tuesday, April 13, 2004  

hey kiddies
so I'm in Munich right now. I managed to get 3 days off work so figured I'd make a trip on over here..
I got here this afternoon after a 5 hour hungover train ride. you see, last night was the last open night of the pub, ever. as you may remember, the pub is one of only 2 nightspots in lovely brand. the other, heuboda, closed for the season on saturday. I couldn't be bothered to go to the party. but for the pub I had to, I really enjoyed my time at the pub. so since it was the last night, EVER (they're turning it into hotel rooms or something) liquor was halfprice and the place was packed.. my drinks went with what was in stock. I started with a süsser radler (I think it's called a shanty in english - beer and sprite, except they were out of sprite so I got armdudler - kinda like ginger ale - instead), then I moved onto rye-water, then baileys on ice, and finished the night off with rum and coke. I really don't like rum.. I could still taste it this morning.. yuck.. so I got home around 3:30, woke up at 8 to come to munich.. I like to think I'm tired, not hungover..
today I basically just hung around Munich.. I'm staying at the International Haus, which I am, thusfar, not overly impressed with. the lady at the desk was a bag, and normally hostel staff is really friendly.. I walked around this afternoon, went for yummy yummy sushi and bought some books. Munich has some great shopping but I am being really well behaved. we'll see if my willpower will last until tomorrow!! seriously, though, they have an Armani casa store. I have never before seen armani furniture in real life. it's nice being in a city and out of the dorf. the dorf is going to be a lot smaller now that the ski season is officially over (as of April 12).. I thought it was boring before, but at least there were people and bars.. now it's going to really suck ass.. only 27 days left, though
it is a small world, though, the other day my swiss ex boyfriend (Mike)'s brother Mathias was eating dinner in my hotel. it was a really wierd thing, to see him there completely unexpected like that.. I think he was even more shocked to see me!
also I was stuffing envelopes for the hotel last week, and one of the ad. packages we were sending out was going to the next-door neighbour of my swiss family.. I'm like, hey I know that address..
anyhow, I had more to post about this morning but I can't think of it all right now so maybe I'll post again later. maybe not.. take care

posted by kim | 12:00 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives