my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Tuesday, May 11, 2004  

finding myself unemployed and homeless yesterday (yay me!!) I hopped on a train and came back to see Fari and Marion in Zofingen, Switzerland.. with all Fari's complaining about me not staying enough last time I knew I was welcome! My last day of work was sunday and was relatively uneventful. Had a few drinks with some friends at night, went home and stressed about packing.. monday afternoon I had to jump through a few hoops to finally get my pay and everything (but was rewarded for my efforts with a walliserhof jacket - I may be a walking advertisment but at least I now have a rain jacket AND a new fleece!! (am trying to figure out how to convert the w in "wellness hotel" to an h, thought it would be funny). My friend Mariana drove me on down to the train station in Bludenz and I made my way here. no one bothered to check my passport coming in to swtizerland. very uneventful train ride. except for when I fell out of the train. you see, now that I'm homeless I have all my crap with me. and I have alot of stuff.. a (relativly small) backpack, and a (medium sized) suitcase.. the suitcase is really f-ing heavy, though.. so I kinda chuck it out of the train when I get out and fall out behind it.. (unless there's some nice young man around to help me that is.. if anyone else offers I can do it myself, thank you very much).. anyhow, in Olten I should have asked for help. I tossed out the suitcase and basically flew out of the train behind it, landed half on my feet, half on my knees, and the front pocket of my suitcase burst open, showering english novels all over the train platform... would have been hella funny, had it not been me... still, being the cool cat I am I calmly picked myself up, inspected the bag to ensure that the zipper wasn't broken (think of how much that would have sucked), repacked and walked away as if nothing out of the ordinary had happend and my knee wasn't bruised to pieces.
am staying in Zofingen the rest of the week to regroup, repack, send some crap home cuz I realised after the falling out of the train incident that I have too much, even if I am leaving things in Frankfurt next week, I still have to get it there! will go on sunday to frankfurt to meet my family and start on an oh so exciting bike tour of s. germany (for those of you laughing at the thought of me riding a bike through germany think of my father doing it... love you daddy!!).. then it's back on down to switzerland, italy and back up to germany for me and Michael.. woo hoo.. I get to go to Berlin, which I know makes a few of you jealous.. anyhow, must get back to sitting around trying to figure out what to do with my life now..

posted by kim | 5:41 a.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives