my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Wednesday, June 02, 2004  

am killing time right now at the Vienna airport. only 5 hours to go, actually not even, boarding starts in 4 hours and 50 min. yay!
have already plowed through "shopaholic goes to manhattan" or whatever it's called, and am now over 100 pages into "high fidelity".. it's going to be a long day...
and am on north american keyboard and can't seem to get used to it.. bad sign..
entertainment at the airport has included nice pakistani taxi driver chatting with me cuz apparently I needed to smile.. he came back when he got off work and told me to have a nice flight and a safe trip home.. he was genuinely nice.. then an airport worker decided to come sit down beside me and eventually asked me for my phone number so he could move to canada and we could live together.. I told him that I had no phone and was homeless (only half lie, I have no phone of my own) so he went back to work (like 10 feet from me) and his coworkers were loudly making fun of him for being rejected.. I decided it was time for me to go through into the passanger part of the airport so I could possibly avoid anymore unwanted attention, really all I want to do is read my book and try not to sleep and ignore people. and I'm hungry, food is nowhere to be found at the moment, that whole nothing's open at 2 am thing.. must get back to high fidelity..

posted by kim | 5:36 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives