my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Thursday, July 22, 2004  

is it just me or is "alt-country" the most useless label for music ever.  I mean I can't stand most traditional country (or I guess "pop-country") but music from bands like wilco and the jayhawks and neko case (with whom I can at least kinda see the country thing) has been rocking my world as of late.  maybe I've been in calgary too long.  or maybe it's just because I'm canadian, and as we learnt in MUHL 311 or whatever number history of canadian rock was, rock in canada has country roots, unlike rock in the us, which has blues roots.  the end.
on a barely related note, some of you may remember me ranting about a year back about how much I hate those sleeves they put on cds (I had just bought wilco's "yankee hotel foxtrot" which has said sleeve - wilco being the common thread here - were I not so lazy I'd link the post, maybe one of you will be nice and do it in the comments for me - but I digress).  anyhow, I finally figured out one positive reason for having them.  As you may know, the new beastie boys cd, to the 5 boroughs, has one on it, and it seems to be due to the title of song 7, which is called "Hey F*#k you" (or something to that effect) on the sleeve, but "hey fuck you" on the cover.  this use was not to be found on the wilco cd. 

posted by kim | 1:24 a.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives