my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Sunday, September 19, 2004  

so I figured one last little post before I set off for the full blown praires. Book club was awesome this week - went from 5 members to the whopping 7 (!!) and are reading Rudyard Kipling's Kim for next month - let me know if you want in on this action..
in other news, went to a few good shows this week - Thursday night featured Carolyn Mark & Her New Best Friends, Geoff Burner and Ford Pier at the Ironwood over in Inglewood. Great show, I'm hooked on the new Carolyn Mark album, go buy it...
Friday saw me fighting with Crowfoot Dodge. I hate Dodge dealerships much more than I need to.
Saturday saw another show - this time Frog Eyes, Mongoose and The Doers at broken city. I really like broken city so just being there made me happy. The Doers were amusing, Mongoose was entertaining, big on finger pointing and almost too energetic, while Frog Eyes was quite entertaining - sadly by the time they got on stage I was super tired...
bought way too many cds (justifiable as they are for my trip!!) in the past few days - won't mention them but one is so great I figure I'll give it a little push - The Future Soundtrack For America compilation is not only chock-full of musical goodness, all proceeds go to a wonderful cause as well. check it out.

posted by kim | 11:21 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives