my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Saturday, November 27, 2004  

I recently rediscovered Winnipeg's Transistor Sound & Lighting Co. You should too. I bought their album back in 1998 when they were borderline known, listened to it a few times, tossed it on the shelf and forgot about it. Heard "jaded & elated" the other day on CJSW and remembered. threw it in my changer and waited. it popped up today and 2 songs in I'm like "dude this is awesome, who is this?" and I look, and low and behold, Transistor Sound & Lighting Co. It opens with the amazingly distorted in that mid to late 90s indie rock way "coffee song", continues on with greatness such as "sasparilla", "jaded & elated" and "proletariat rant". Winnipeg's more than just the Guess Who, Moses Mayes and the Weakerthans, kids.
go buy the CD if you can find it, it's rad. call me and maybe I'll let you borrow it.

posted by kim | 1:51 p.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives