my city is still breathing
back in the saddle


Wednesday, January 05, 2005  

ok, in the spirit of the top ten lists popping up all over the place at this time of year, I present my

TOP 10 GUILTY PLEASURES OF 2004 (in no particular order)

10. Maroon 5's "This Love": Damn is this song catchy. It's in my head just typing out the title. I feel this sudden need to dance around my living room singing it. I don't know why. Help.

9. Justin Timberlake "Rock your body" - another catchy one. I eventually broke down and bought the JT cd. I'm hooked. I even admit to people I bought it. That's how hooked I am.

8. Elton John "Crocodile Rock" - nothing better than driving up hwy 22 from the crowsnest pass listening to this song way too loud and singing it into someone's answering machine during those few minutes of cell coverage. nothing.

7. Mean Girls. OK that's not so guilty - it was a cool-ass movie. who cares if it stars Lindsay Lohan. That made it even cooler in my books. And it gave me one of my 2 new years resolutions - I'll get to those later

6. 2Pac/Dr Dre - California Love - this song seemed to make a comeback towards the end of the year - I heard it everywhere. It's always made me dance.

5. German hip hop - if you can't bob your head to Fettes Brot and Freundeskreis, who can you bob your head to? Plus these guys write great lyrics. And sound cool too. Especially cool this year was hearing the Fettes Brot cover of Steve Miller's the Joker - translated and everything.

4. the word rad - I got hooked on saying rad in 2004. It's so rad.

3. Friendster - see if your friends are really as cool as you think they are. Or if that hottie you see at the pub all the time is single. and if so, how you two are connected so you can scam a conversation with him 2 months down the road.. or maybe you could just get drunk and go talk to him...

2. "Never Leave You" Lumidee - I heard this song every day for like 4 months. I love this song. I don't care what anyone says. I gotta get myself the cd, although the rest of it proably sucks.

1. Gin. I've developed quite a taste for Bombay Saphire and San Peligrino, twist of lime. For when I'm not drinking beer. Helps out with the things mentioned in 3.

Ok I should have made this more. or topic oriented. I many change it. I'll likely come in and add links.
and, for those of you interested: new years resolutions include no more fried food and no more unjustified girl-on-girl hate.

posted by kim | 1:14 a.m.|
Comments: Post a Comment
click on these
archives